Pilates is a safe and effective method of exercise that was developed at the turn of the century. Pilates can transform the way your body looks, feels and performs. It builds strength without excess bulk, creating a balance in your body. It teaches body awareness and good posture.
Pilates improves flexibility, agility and can help you move with ease and grace.
Rehab Pilates is a modified form of Pilates method that integrates the principles of rehabilitation, core stabilization, and movement retraining with the Pilates principles of control, balance, focus, and breath. At Skye Physiotherapy & Pilates, you are under the supervision of a certified therapist with training and extensive knowledge of spinal and peripheral stabilization. Pilates is effective for:
- General conditioning
- Early Active Rehabilitation
- Injury prevention
- Sports Conditioning and Performance
- Spinal conditions including pain, surgical, scoliosis, postural dysfunction
- Pre and Post Natal Women
- Continence and Pelvic Floor retraining
- Medical Rehab - MS, Fibromyalgia, Breast Cancer